Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Parasailing - Wow, it was great!

Well when I got up Monday morning I didn't plan on parasailing.  We went to visit my niece, Amanda, who was vacationing in Sarasota.    We planned on just hanging out on the beach.  It was a beautiful day for that.

Satchel and Ed were having a great time in the water

The beach had very fine white sand

So we were all setting around and Terry and Amanda were saying Carter wanted to go parasailing.  Amanda is scared of heights and Terry just didn't want to do it.  They didn't want Carter going by himself.  So they are discussing it for about 15 minutes and Amanda says "Linda why don't you go with him."  Well I actually was thinking about it.  Ed went  a couple of years ago and was always telling me I should try it.  So here we are going up.




Ed had always said going up was the scariest.  But, it really wasn't that bad.  When I started rocking, it scared me.  The guy had told us the chains that held us would creak a little.  I am glad he told us that because that also scared me.  But all in all it was great.  We went up between 1000 to 1200 feet up.  We could see everything. 

                                This is us coming down.  Carter looks like he really enjoyed it.


I was a little unsteady on my feet when we were back on the boat.

If you ever get a chance I would highly recommend it.  I would love to do it again.

Terry didn't think Satchel was old enough to go but he did go out on the boat with us. 



They took us out on a smaller boat and than transferred us to a larger boat.  The boat ride was pretty neat except it was a little cold.  We didn't think about it being that chilly because it had been so warm,so Satchel was only in a t-shirt. We had wore long sleeves because we thought it would be cold when we were in the air.


We wrapped a towel around him but it was wet so I don't think it helped much

This was the boat that took us out,  this was another group of people that were going up after us
The employees told us they work 15 hour days and they average 100 people a day.  Their  busiest day was 185 people.  That would make for a long day. 

We are now at the Orlando Thousands Trails which in in Clermont, Florida.  We are going to see the shuttle launch onThursday, going to see John Paul Jackson at a Bridge church on Sunday, and we are going to snorkle with the manatees on Monday.  We are going to be very busy in the next few days and I am looking forward to telling you how things went.


HAPPY TRAILS      Love Ed and Lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment