Friday, July 8, 2011

Just One Of Those Days by Ed

Have you ever had one of those days when every thing you do is going to give you a hard time?

I was having a stressful day so I thought I would go fishing and relax.  I couldn't decide what lake to go to but in the end it didn't matter because the fish weren't biting anyways.  It's July so the fish should be biting, wish someone would tell the fish that.  Maybe it's too hot.  It was only about 95 and I think the humidity was 99 %.   Skeeters were eating me alive.  Typical Indiana - Michigan day.  Well back to my story.



I was launching the boat, but for some reason the boat wouldn't slide into the water.  I back into the water, hit the brakes and the boat is suppose to slide.  After my second attempt, I realize "duh" I forgot to undo the turnbuckles that hold the boat onto the trailer.  It's not going anywhere until I do that.  I have done that before but it has been awhile. 

So I finally get the boat in the water, go over to the other side to fish.  Absolutely no action whatsoever.  All of a sudden I realize the boat is taking on water and the rear is sinking down into the water.  I figure I must have lost my plug some how.  That happened to me about 10 years ago, so I now carry an extra plug.  It took about 15 minutes to pump out the water.

I had taken some night crawlers with me.  When the fish aren't hitting on lures you always fall back on live bait.  I guess I had them in the frig. too long.  When I opened them up, they were mush and moldy. (Don't tell Lyn)  So that was out.

I decided to try a little crappie jig to try and catch some bluegill.  I put it down in the water and started jigging it a little.  Several bluegill swam up to it, looked at it and swam away.  Boy what a day.

So I decided to call it a day.

I pulled the boat out of the water.  When I went back to check why the boat was taking on water I saw that I had put the plug in the wrong hole.  I had put it in the hole for the intake for the live well.  I have put that plug in a thousands times and have never done that before.





Guess I was just having one of those days!!!!

HAPPY TRAILS   Ed

1 comment:

  1. Well, obviously you need one of Donna's famous lures she makes. Donna began her lure making on Beaver Island, Michigan when Ed and Dick were in need of lures as they lost the 'good ones' to the lake weeds. Donna thought it would be kind to make them a lure, but she lacked the correct info for size and made a lure which caused Linda to ask, "What's that for? Catching shark?"

    ReplyDelete