Monday, March 28, 2011

Passion Play and the Holy Land Experience

They have a unusually large passion play for a town the size of Wauchula.  This play has a cast of 200 people.  A lot of them are young people.   It has 150 animals, a lot of  them were sheep.  The set was 250 feet long.  Very impressive.  It was set in a cattleman's arena.  The set was built up on mound of dirt so it could be easily seen.  The drawback were the beams, that sometimes blocked your view.  But they said since they held up the roof they were necessary.  We also sat on bleachers for 3 hours, that is a long time sitting on bleachers.

The play was outstanding.   The following pictures probably don't do it justice.  They even had angels flying thru the air. 












I wish everyone could have seen this play.  Except for the bleachers, it was fantastic.


Then another thing we went to see was the Holy Land Experience in Orlando.  I had heard about it some years ago and thought it would be neat to see.  I was a little disappointed in it.   Maybe I was expecting too much. 

The buildings were  interesting to see.  But I think I was expecting more people walking around dressed up for the time period.  There were very few cast members on the outside of the buildings.  I am sure there are budget restraints. 






The buildings were impressive and I did enjoy walking around seeing everything.  There was a model of the boat of disciples, a replica of the remains of a boat found along the shores of the Sea of Galilee.



The acting was good but the one theater didn't have enough seating.  Another area the seating was up higher than the stage so it was hard to see.

Some of the figurines were a little more glitzy then I think they would have been back than.  These were a couple of the scenes.



Well, I hate to be down on it too much.  It was interesting. 

I liked the Jerusalem model and the man talking about it was worth listening to.

All in all in was worth walking through, I am just not sure about the price to get it.  It was $35 at the door, and I got my online for $30.   But on the other hand I think you should support christian things.  So I guess I am glad we went.  Boy is that confusing?  I think I confused myself.

HAPPY TRAILS    Ed and Lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment