Sunday, November 6, 2011

Leaving Oklahoma and the earthquakes

We spent 2 days in Oklahoma just in time to experience the earthquake.  We slept through the first one.  It happened around 2 in the morning with 2 after shocks.  I  guess we were too tired.     Well the next night we are sitting watching TV and Ed gets  up and goes to the back.  All of a sudden I hear a noise and the rv starts shaking.  I hollar at Ed, "what are you doing."   I had the thought that he started the rv.  Which he couldn't have because he was in the back. Ed was thinking the motor home next to us was starting up and leaving and wondering why it was making us shake.   Then  Ed comes up and says it must be the wind.  I say it can't be.  Right than we both realized it must be another quake.  It not only shook the trailer but it also made a noise.  I never knew that a quake would do that. 

We left this morning and  I read they had another 10 aftershocks today.  We are in Texas now so we have left the quake zone.

We went downtown to Chandler yesterday.  There wasn't much there but there was a Route 66 museum in an armory that had been restored.  There wasn't much in the museum, it had videos to watch but they weren't working.  They had these beds you laid down to watch the videos.  When I asked  the woman in charge, she  said it represented all the motels along route 66,  and she assured me she cleans them every morning.   If we didn't have such a big MH,  we thought it would be fun to follow some of the old Route 66, but we feel safer staying on the interstate.


since the videos weren't working I thought I would rest,  lol



This was a shell  in the side of the building

the building was neat

We had a nice drive from Oklahoma to Texas today.  The land is pretty flat in this area.  Here are some pictures of what we saw.  Nothing!




Tomorrow we are going to drive into Amarillo to look around and then we will be on our way to Albuquerque, New Mexico. 

HAPPY TRAILS   ED AND LYN




No comments:

Post a Comment