Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hanging out it Mesa, part 2

My sister calls and asks why haven't you posted anything on your blog.  I told her I have been too busy.  The time just seems to fly by.  When I try to write something at night, I fall asleep at the computer.  That's because I am sitting in the recliner.  So tonight I will sit at the computer desk until I post this.

We visited the Goldfield Ghost Town.  So far the ghost towns aren't what I expected.  But, than again I don't really know what I was expecting.  But this is what we saw.


They had a Saloon

and a jail

and a Church 
They have church services here on Sunday, but we never did make it to them
This is the gunfight

and they all end up shot except the sheriff


one of them posed with Pam, (before he got shot)

They had some really old vehicles





I thought these stools were neat
Another day we went out to walk the desert close to Superstition Mountain.  We figured we walked about  5 miles.  I am sure glad we turned around when we did because the last 45 minutes I was dragging.  Well actually I was hanging onto Ed and he was dragging me.                                                              
                                                                  

This is us starting out 
                                                                                            


Parts of the path were quite rocky


The rock formations were something to see





Even though there is not much color, it is still beautiful
All I can say is we had a great time.  It is a great place to take a walk



Bye for now   Love Ed and Lyn

1 comment:

  1. There are so many things to do and see around Mesa. You are right in that the ghost town is hardly a ghost town but it's still a fun place to stop.

    ReplyDelete